This is pretty incredible. After being outspent more than 5 to 1 by our opponents, we’re neck and neck with Scott Peters. We’ve surprised everyone and the primary is too close to call.
We probably won’t know anything definitive for another few days. There are likely three thousand ballots yet to be counted, and only 737 votes separate us from Scott Peters. That’s less than 2 votes per precinct. It’s pretty impressive for a campaign run on volunteers and small-dollar donors.
We will be monitoring the votes closely as they come in, but for now, we just wanted to say thank you!
- Thank you to the hundreds of volunteers who dedicated hours to helping elect Lori.
- Thank you to the folks who hand addressed tens of thousands of letters and post cards.
- Thank you to the activists who made countess phone calls and knocked on doors.
- Thank you to the crew that showed at at 5 am on election day (and the day before) to remind everyone to vote.
- Thank you to our thousands of small-dollar donors that kept our campaign running.
We couldn’t have done this without you, and we are so grateful. We built a people-powered campaign from the ground up, and we’re still in this race.