For those of you who like traditional dishes / cakes, of course you know this one food, cassava getuk. The cake is famous for originating from Central Java, precisely from Magelang. The area is a well-known area not only because of the curry, but also the military area. Not only that Magelang has a famous temple in the country, namely the Borobudur Temple.
Turn back to the traditional specialties. These foods have a savory and sweet taste. For those of you who don’t have time to come directly to Magelang, then you don’t need to worry because I will give you a recipe for making delicious cassava getuk cakes.
- 425 grams of cassava (steamed first, then puree)
- 2 tablespoons thick coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 100 grams of coconut that has been shredded
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Coloring (pink and light green), just enough. If you want to use natural dyes it’s okay.
How to make getuk:
- Mix cassava with thick coconut milk. Mix well
- Then one by one input butter, coconut, and sugar
- Stir until completely evenly distributed
- Divide the mixture into three parts
- Each part is colored (pink, light green, and the third part is left as usual)
- Take one sheet of plastic, then put it on top. Cover the kemabli with plastic. Finally grind using wood
- Print to your taste
This is an easy way to make savory and delicious cakes. May be useful.